Everyone who is willing to travel to Vietnam must ask the question, “Do I need a visa to Vietnam?”. In recent years, the Vietnamese government has not only made the process of obtaining a visa much easier, but also has provided exemptions for some countries for a limited period of time. This was implemented in order to promote tourism and also facilitate expat entry to Vietnam.
However, It’s very important to choose the correct visa. If you decide to use the 15 day visa exemption, for example, you can not leave and return to Vietnam for 30 days. This means if you want to visit Cambodia then you will not be able to return into Vietnam. In this case you must apply for either a tourist or business multiple entry visa.
What countries can get a Visa exemption for Vietnam?
Let us see the countries which are provided exemption on Visa, in the regional order.
- Singapore– Singapore citizens can stay without a visa for less than 30 days.
- Thailand – The Thailand citizens can stay without a visa for less than 30 days.
- Malaysia– The Malaysian citizens can stay without a visa for less than 30 days.
- Philippines– The Philippines citizens can stay without a visa for less than 21 days.
- Laos– Laos citizens can stay without a visa for less than 30 days.
- Indonesia– Indonesians can stay without a visa for less than 30 days.
- Japan– Japanese citizens can stay without a visa for less than 15 days.
- South Korea– South Korean citizens can stay without a visa for less than 15 days.
Upon agreement, the Vietnam government has exempted the visa of 9 western European countries for a maximum of 15 days.
- United Kingdom
Russians can also visit Vietnam without a visa for less than 15 days.
The visa exempted country’s citizens must show their return ticket on arrival in Vietnam.
How can I obtain a 1-3 month tourist or Business visa for Vietnam?
If you plan on coming to Vietnam for longer than the 15 days, or you ineligible for a visa exemption, you can use a trusted agent and collect a Visa on arrival (VOA).
It is very important to use a reputable visa agent for your visa. Saigon Visa Services helps you to get a visa for Vietnam very easily and at the best price, the service is outstanding from our own experience. You should follow these steps to obtain a visa prior to your arrival in Vietnam.
- Visit Saigon Visa Services
- Fill in the online application form.
- Enter carefully the details from your passport.
- You should upload a copy of your passport in the secured application form.
- You can pay the amount through your credit or debit card or use PayPal.
- You will receive the Visa on Arrival letter via e-mail.
- Make sure you print the copy of the visa on arrival letter in color.
The Visa on arrival letter is an official document issued by the immigration department of Vietnam government. It allows you to board a flight and arrive in Vietnam. The visa approval letter allows you to collect your visa from the airport when you arrive in Vietnam. You should return to your country within the date given in the approval letter.